Saturday, April 19, 2008

EHIEM Compact+ 5000

I got to know this brand through my friend and he was amazed by its reliability and durability.

This pump is from made in Germany and it is expensive.

Brief spec of the pump:

l/h 2500 - 5000
GPH 550 - 1100 (Imp) 660 - 1321 (US)
Hmax m 3.0
W 78
Dim, mm 138x82x126



I used this in my six feet fiber tank and it is strong and until now I am still using it.

Price, RM590

Some of the key feature of this pump include:

High adjustable output in a compact size,

1. For use in water
2. Can also be used outside water (hose adapter included)
3. Adjustable output
4. Delivery head 3.0 m



My usage experience:

I put the pump in the water inside the fiber tank, connected to a uv hanging at about 5 feet high and it is running well without much problem at the inlet, though my water get dirty very fast when all my tilapia are between 600 gram to 800 grams (there are about 60 tails) inside the 6'x4' tank and my water depth is about 2'. My filter was not good enough and I think it is too small and during the last 2 months, I practically abandoned the filter and just filter the water with sponge.

Change water every week

As a result, the water gets dirty very fast in that kind of population and water need to be replaced every week. Luckily my maid can do it well!

The pump is working fine

So the pump is in a tough environment but nontheless, it is working fine. Never got jammed with the dirt, never breakdown yet still giving me strong output of water.

Ref:
Eheim website: http://www.eheim.de/

Download:
Manual for Eheim Compact Plus 2000_3000_5000 (1.61MB)

No comments: